Powering green energy transition in rural communities through social and territorial innovation
- Tuesday, 11th October 2022
- 9.30 – 11.00 CEST
The Interreg MED Renewable Energy Community will participate in the European Week of Regions and Cities (EU Regions Week) on the 11th of October. The online webinar organised by the Renewable Energy Community will delve into how social and territorial innovation can boost the energy transition in rural communities. The session will be held within the framework of the EU Regions Week, the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to cohesion policy.
One of the main environmental challenges faced by the Mediterranean regions is the effective implementation of clean energy transition policies at a regional and local level and equality for all kinds of territories. The energy transition requires the active participation of society, local authorities and associations, businesses and innovative centres. This ecosystem of actors in the territory needs tools and solutions to identify, coordinate and establish strategic alliances to accelerate the transition in an inclusive and green way.
The EU Regions Week session aims to underline the role of planning in the energy transition. Julije Domac – Member of the Political Board, Covenant of Mayors Europe –, Kostas Komninos – Director, DAFNI – Network of Sustainable Greek Islands –, Leen Peeters – CEO of Th!nk E – and Marina Montero –Energy Strategy and Policy Consultant, 3E– will present what works and what does not, putting emphasis on tested and replicable solutions for a higher uptake of renewable energy sources in rural areas.
How to join
The event will be held on the EU Week of Regions and Cities platform. To register for the event, you will need to follow these steps:
- Access the event on Swapcard by clicking here.
- Click on the “JOIN THE EVENT” button and enter your email, first name, family name and organisation. Do not forget to read the terms and conditions.
- Once, your profile has been created, you will be registered for the event. You can complete your profile, browse the programme and register for sessions.
- Add our workshop to the agenda, clicking on add to my schedule in this link.
- You can visit the platform any time before and during the event. The virtual exhibition will be accessible from Swapcard too from mid-September